Views

Monday, January 30, 2012

What did you say???

Yes... I use LOL Cats, it gets my point across.


As many of you may know, when technology and people meet, some pretty ignorant happenings will occur. Lets start out by saying everyone has those brain fart moments, okay, but when a person constantly defends a bad decision, it is hilariously annoying.

Question: What do you think of my photography?-please keep in mind I'm only 14 =)
thank you!

I spent some time looking over the typical teen shots that are over edited and toned to look "vintage." Many of which were just underexposed shots of trees with "artsy" titles like Light.

My Answer: Most of your images are over processed. Tone down the post processing and work on giving your images meaning. That is what differentiates a snapshot from a photograph.

Her Response: I would like to reply on your answer, since I don't think you're being fair at all. I shoot some of my images with filters, and very few of my pictures are edited, edited in a way of spot-healing and fixing the white balance. And as for 'giving my images meaning', that made me really sad. I shoot pictures of people I love with all my heart, of animals I visit every week in a zoo and play with, etc. I shoot those pictures with a lot of effort and with a lot of will. And that gives my photos all the meaning in the world they need. They mean a lot to me and I would cry every day for the rest of my life if I lost them.
So, have a good day, sir :)


My Reply:  No young lady the fact that all your pictures have added vignettes and added contrast from lightroom 3.3 means they are indeed edited. If fact, I do believe that since I posted this, you have went through and deleted the EXIF data on most of your Flickr images to hide the fact that I have pointed out that you are, indeed, a fraud. You clearly have no idea how to use a camera other that point lens, press button.


Yours Truly,
Freeman.
PS- I couldn't care less about your age, it is a sign of a bad photographer to blame anything but themselves for the way their images turn out. 
Here's a little hint, don't ask a question if you can handle the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment